Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-03-2006 , 04:08 AM

Purple And Yellow Dots

Hello. In Maya, I am having some trouble. I am making a polygon primitive cone, and I can get the purple dots to show up. But, I know I can manipulate my objects better with the yellow dots, as I have seen in a Maya tutorial several times before. I want to get the yellow dots to show up, but I have no clue how to go about doing it. Below is a thread which I made with pics which may better explain it:

https://www.highend3d.com/boards/inde...owtopic=219260

BTW, I know how to manipulate the purple dots. I just know there's a way to get the yellow dots to show up. Please help if you can, thanks in advance !!

# 2 02-03-2006 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
lol.... u select them. then they turn yellow.

# 3 02-03-2006 , 03:48 PM
NO!!! I already know that, but apparently theres a way to better modify polygon primitives. Okay, let's say youre working on a nurb. You get the vertices up, then click hull to get the yellow dots. The yellow dots become a whole new area of manipulation to work with. Now, how do you get the "Hull" effect to show up on polygon primitives? I've seen it in a few videos, but they never fricken explain it.

# 4 02-03-2006 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
many people ask this but no one i know can do it, the method nearly everyone uses if not all is by selecting them.
Man some of u guys are lazy. and want magic buttons.
Modeling is all about patience time and skill.
user added image Good luck in ure future work.