Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-09-2002 , 05:19 AM
SM Alumni

Graphics card prices for you guys...

I was just cruising my suppliers website and noticed that they carry Wildcat cards, so I thought I would put up some prices...

CANADIAN FUNDS:

WILDCATII 5000 AGP 4X 32MB TEXT 32MB FRAME BUFFER OPEN GL PROCESSOR
$625

If you never thought you'd be able to afford the professional quality and performance of a Wildcat, then here's your chance. Wildcat II Technology's scalability lets 3Dlabs balance professional features and performance to create the most affordable Wildcat graphics accelerator ever. Wildcat II 5000 combines full-featured 3D acceleration and exceptional 2D performance in a single-pipeline configuration including a plenty of powerful, dedicated frame buffer and texture memory. With 3Dlab's performance-boosting DirectBurst technology, analog or digital monitor support, and stereo viewing, the Wildcat II 5000 offers the essential professional features CAD professionals, digital content creators, and graphics experts need for precise, interactive designs.

WILDCAT VP760 VP 700 VPU 64MB DDR VGA,DVI-I
$665

WILDCAT VP870 VP800 VPU 128MB DDR VGA DVI-I
$887

Wildcat VP uses 3Dlabs' groundbreaking Visual Processing Architecture to integrate over 200 32-bit processors into a single Visual Processing Unit (VPU) for a staggering 200Gflops and 1.2 TeraOps of programmable power. Wildcat VP's power and flexibility provide industrial-strength 2D and 3D performance, quality and functionality for OpenGL and Direct3D applications. Genuine programmability throughout the entire Wildcat VP pipeline provides a superset of traditional graphics processor functionality and is a step towards interactive Renderman-class rendering. Wildcat VP supports the emerging OpenGL 2.0 and D3DX high-level shading languages that extend the boundaries of interactive visual realism. Wildcat VP's innovative fast task-switching capability provides the power of multiple dedicated graphics engines. Designers can move seamlessly among numerous graphics windows for a highly productive workflow, using multiple virtual VPUs. The highly innovative 16GB virtual memory of Wildcat VP shatters the limitation of on-board memory by automatically handling huge datasets, while caching essential data for fastest access. The industry's first genuine 256-bit DDR memory interface delivers incredible bandwidth to keep the most demanding applications running smoothly. Wildcat VP drives two independent, high-resolution displays with a mix of analog and digital display options. Dual 10-bit DACs provide flawless color representation by eliminating distracting display artifacts. 3Dlabs is the only PC graphics company solely focused on designing professional-grade accelerators. Wildcat VP continues this tradition through relentless driver reliability testing and constant optimization and certification of leading professional applications.

WILDCAT II 5110 128MB AGP PRO50 SUPPORTS DVI-I & ANALOG
$1071

The revolutionary Wildcat 3D Graphics Technology enters its second generation with the Wildcat II 5110 - featuring a full dual-pipeline architecture and new chipset for more affordability and even faster performance. The combination of the Wildcat II 5110's dual-pipeline-powered architecture, increased Wildcat chipset speed, and highly tuned geometry engine offers the highest graphics performance for the price. If you're a scientist, artist, engineer, or graphics expert working in the 3D realm, these features and more translate to the highest level of real-time on-screen performance available at a price that won't hurt your budget.

WILDCAT VP970 VP 900 VPU 128MB DDR VGA DVI-I
$1844

Wildcat VP delivers workstation-level graphics capabilities that leapfrog those of other products in its class by combining best-of-class support for traditional professional applications with ground-breaking programmability. Wildcat VP sets the standard for traditional mid-range workstation graphics by providing the flexibility to rapidly deliver the latest OpenGL and Direct3D API functionality, programmable anti-aliasing and texture filters, dual 10-bit DACs for flawless color representation and twice the memory bus width, twice the number of simultaneous textures, twice the number of vertex processors and twice the multisampling capability compared to its nearest competitor. Wildcat VP also adapts many proven CPU architectural techniques to deliver outstanding system performance and flexibility. Wildcat VP's innovative fast task-switching capability provides the power of multiple dedicated graphics engines; designers can move seamlessly among numerous graphics windows for a highly productive workflow, using multiple virtual VPUs. The highly innovative 16-GB virtual memory subsystem of Wildcat VP shatters the limitation of on-board memory by automatically handling huge datasets, while caching essential data for fastest access. The Wildcat VPUs are the industry's first graphics processors that are programmable from high-order surfaces through to anti-aliased framebuffer pixels - with highly efficient SIMD scalar processor arrays replacing hardwired logic and inflexible register-combiners at critical sections in a highly optimized graphics pipeline. This programmability enables acceleration of non-traditional algorithms such as wavelet-based decompression, ray-tracing engines and RenderMan-like photo-realistic renderers.

WILDCAT III 6110 208MB DDR AGP 2 DVI-IOUTPUT DUALHEAD MINI-DIN
$2767

You don't sacrifice quality for speed with 3Dlabs Wildcat III 6110. It's the latest Wildcat graphics accelerator to offer record-setting performance without sacrificing the distinctive quality you've come to expect from 3Dlabs. You'll appreciate the performance advances made to the "fastest graphics on the planet." Support for 32 lights in hardware and doubled texture memory translate to more realistic renderings and much faster geometry acceleration - even with complex scenes. Standard support for dual analog or digital monitors means you can increase your visual real estate two-fold. So, when you're working on a complex project or a large assembly you'll have plenty of visual elbowroom. Wildcat products have always offered the best image quality in the industry with 10-bit sub-pixel accuracy, exclusive SuperScene antialiasing, and high geometry and texture coordinate precision. With this well-established legacy of quality, you can be confident in the accuracy of your designs.

WILDCAT III 6210 416MB DDR AGP 2DVI-I DUAL HEAD 1 MINI DIN 1BNC
$3924

Eliminate creative boundaries with 3Dlabs Wildcat III 6210 - the latest Wildcat graphics accelerator to offer the best image quality and highest performance available on the desktop. With a massive 416 MB total on-board memory, you'll get the speed and performance you need without sacrificing any of the renowned quality you've come to expect from 3Dlabs. If you're working in MCAD, DCC, Visualization, or any professional graphics field where you need ultra high-end performance, you'll appreciate the advances in speed made to the "fastest graphics on the planet." Support for 32 lights in hardware and doubled texture memory translates to more realistic renderings and much faster geometry acceleration - even with complex scenes. In addition to phenomenal performance enhancements, the Wildcat III 6210 offers standard support for dual analog and digital monitors. So, when you're working on a complex project or a large assembly, you can increase your visual real estate two-fold. And, with standard multiview and genlock support, DCC, Video Production, CAVE, and Visual Simulation professionals can synchronize multiple Wildcat III 6210s together or to an external sync source. Wildcat products have always offered the best image quality in the industry with 10-bit sub-pixel accuracy, exclusive SuperScene antialiasing, and high geometry and texture coordinate precision. With this well-established legacy of quality, you can be confident in the accuracy of your designs.

"You know you've done your job right when nobody notices"

"Don't quote me boy cause I ain't said sh*t"
# 2 21-09-2002 , 06:57 AM
Supreme Being
i was meanin' to look those Wildcats up.. thnx m8.. :p

# 3 21-09-2002 , 07:14 AM
<-- broke at the moment user added image

Hehehe!

# 4 21-09-2002 , 08:50 AM
Kevin
sweet cyber... just need a few spare dollar now user added image

thx for taking the time to post this mate