Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-04-2007 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber

render layers help please

hi,

I've got my scene divided into three render layers. When batch rendering with maya software it comes out fine.
But as soon as I batch with mental ray, all but the first frames of my sequence are empty user added image
This is very wired, as when I us MR without layers, the scene renders okay as well.

If anyone can help that'll be great.
(I'm using maya 8.5)

cheers

# 2 15-04-2007 , 03:07 AM
Subscriber
ok, I haven't found a solution so far, but the reason for the problem.

it seems that this is some wired maya bug, all my objects with keys render out fine throughout the whole sequence. Those without don't. That's the wiredest random thing I've ever come across.
Unfortunately I've got hundreds of objects in my scene so It'll take ages to assigen "fake" keys to all of them.:angery:

# 3 15-04-2007 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber

# 4 15-04-2007 , 04:09 AM
Hey man, glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the heads up on the workaround, as i'm getting close to rendering a big scene with mental ray!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle