Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-08-2004 , 12:07 PM

realistic animation for human

I have made to persons (while i was learning modeling) and now i want to use them in a animation. But now i have a little problem with animating the characters.
First it is really necessary to animate it frame by frame, i don't have much time for this. And even if i need to animate it frame by frame it seems complicated to me. I just can't find the way to adjust movements of hand, foot, head,... so their movement would be harmonized user added image realistic.

Could anybody give me any tip or advice how to control the each part of the body so the whole thing would look as much as real (not 100% realistic, i know that is hard to do)

Thanks

# 2 09-08-2004 , 08:38 PM
Animating is a very time consuming job. Once you have your character rigged, you should block out the motion by placing your character at the key poses you want. The you can tweak the animation between these poses to get it where you want it. There is no short cut, you just have to tweak and tweak until it looks right. Sorry.

# 3 10-08-2004 , 12:39 PM
Well i've thought so. But I hoped that there might be something.
Thanks anyway.

# 4 10-08-2004 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
Don't forget the Graph Editor as it will save loads of time and can cut the amount of keys your using in half.

EDIT: - It's also good for moving keys around when they are a few frames out and you can make your animations look more realistic by altering the way parts change speed.

Last edited by ckyuk; 10-08-2004 at 08:11 PM.
# 5 10-08-2004 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber

Re: realistic animation for human

Originally posted by boxxer
IFirst it is really necessary to animate it frame by frame, i don't have much time for this.

The Trax Editor can help out alot here. As it alows you to create clips of animation, such as a step and then repeat this clip over and over to create a walk. You can then also mix these clips with other clips, such as the arm taking something out of a pocket to make your character take something out of his pocket while walking.