Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 91 26-03-2003 , 09:56 PM
you can see his butt in the ground. lol. Nice job. When you make the scenery, make contrasting colors.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 92 27-03-2003 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
nice pose - maybe you could do a little more to show that chrome robot has been hit

nice modeling also!

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 93 27-03-2003 , 01:15 AM
yeah or make the chrme one hitting and the rusty one being hit! That way you don't have to ruin your nice pretty chrome shader that we all like so much! user added image hehehehe anyways nice pose! Can't wait to see the updates!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 94 27-03-2003 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
Niiice. One thing i would do is give the white robot NO glow in his eyes, and instead make the eyes black. It would give him more of that evil look. The red just doesnt blend for me, im not 100% sure though. Wonderful job, this challenge sure has been wonderful. Keep it up.

BTW, as from my extensive research of watching DBZ movies, when someone gets hit and flys across a valley you need to lower the head to be looking at the knees user added image. Unless your robot has a unmovable head. The punch looked quite natural the way he is getting rebounded user added image. Maybe stagger the brown robots legs more and give a twist at the hips, those are my ideas. Congrats on your shocking entry that started as noobie user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 27-03-2003 at 02:11 AM.
# 95 27-03-2003 , 03:26 AM
Definately aim the head down and make his fingers bend slightly to give him the "wind knocked the heck outa him" look! Same with the Rusty guy make his other hand look like he's in action! You may be planning all this already though so.. user added image I'll be watching for more!

# 96 27-03-2003 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber
I agree. Also, if you could change his angle while he's in the air like that...that might give a sense of "lifting" motion, or being knocked in the air a bit before hitting the ground.

The other altenative is to give it a "Jack Kirby" look..(An awesome comic book artist no longer with us)....Have the hit in the head and have the robot flying back with his head thrown back and arms and legs going in different directions...

If you play with the poses you'll be surprised at what you come up with.

Can't wait to see it!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 97 27-03-2003 , 04:23 AM
That'll work! user added image looks cool in my head at least!

# 98 27-03-2003 , 06:18 PM
Subscriber
cheers for those replies guys.

M you got it right that I was going for an evil look for the chrome geezer - will try black eyes.

I am def going to tweak it a lot more - but I am going to have to try an learn to use MR coz GI_Joe don't work in the room I am creating user added image unless you guys know any methods for getting it to work in a room( I ain't vrey good with lighting)

i am busy tweaking the robots to give it a more dynamic look, I think I am going to ad some motion blur to the scene (probably in photshop) as well as tweaking the characters positions.

thanks again for replies

cheers

Rich
# 99 27-03-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by cb8rwh
I am def going to tweak it a lot more - but I am going to have to try an learn to use MR coz GI_Joe don't work in the room I am creating user added image unless you guys know any methods for getting it to work in a room( I ain't vrey good with lighting)

What if you created separate cubes, then placed them so to create the illusion of a room. Wouldn't GI_Joe work like that?

I haven't played with the idea yet, just seems like it would at least do something for the scene.

# 100 27-03-2003 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
I could try but I was going for a circular room - had already built quite a bit user added image

I will mess around abit with MR and if I can't get it to work sufficiently well, then I will have to use that idea.

cheers for answer

cheers

Rich
# 101 27-03-2003 , 11:02 PM
What about hot having a roof on the circular room? Or at least where the camera doesn't see... That way GIJoe will be able to get the light in! Worth a shot I'd say. But I don't know how much of the room you already built... user added image L8

# 102 28-03-2003 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
ello,

well this is the first shot with the room/MR - all I can say is - it's a start. took quite a while for this 640*480 render 30mins+ (if you consider that a while user added image )

going to do some messing with MR now

I know I haven't done many tweaks since last time but needed to see if I could get a decent result with MR

cheers

Rich
# 103 28-03-2003 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
Ah, looking great! Just one thing, Its up to you, but in different styles and whatnot sometimes people punch with the same foot foreward or like you have it. I still think the head has to be down more, or you need to curl him at the waist a bit more... I know you said its still in progress, im just saying user added image. The robot that got punched is looking great! Just the guy who punched him, with his stance just doesnt seem right. Maybe Hidalgo can lay a few lines about what would make more sence user added image. I love the room though, great job.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 104 28-03-2003 , 05:09 AM
Subscriber
Actually the punch is correct. it's called a reverse punch where the lead foot acts as an anchor and the torque from your hips when the punch is thrown, along with the rotation of the back foot, generates a tremendous amount of back-up mass and gravitational marriage. The stance becomes what's called a forward bow stance where 60% of your weight is on the front leg. The raised heel of his back foot is correct also.

Was that technical enough?

user added image

Looks great!

# 105 28-03-2003 , 05:20 AM
move the metalic robots left leg down alot more, make the punching hand a fist, and extend the walkway so it looks like its touching the walls, and you have it

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!