Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-02-2007 , 10:45 AM

Hello, I'm new to this board

Hi,

I've been a Maya user for about 2 years now. I currently own Maya 7.01 Unlimited for fluid simulations and modeling. My goal is to be a visual effects artist. I also purchase Xfrog for Maya to model and animate plants and trees. I haven't upgraded to Maya 8.5 because of some current issues of debugging the software. I'm looking forward to see what this community has to offer.

# 2 17-02-2007 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
I always use the brushes when it comes to plants and trees. does xfrog give more control or ease with this kind of stuff. I'm always open minded to new plugins.

# 3 18-02-2007 , 02:08 AM
Senior Software Developer
Welcome

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 18-02-2007 , 04:31 AM
Acid44
the chicken says moo...

welcome to the forumsuser added image

# 5 18-02-2007 , 08:30 PM

Originally posted by danotronXX
I always use the brushes when it comes to plants and trees. does xfrog give more control or ease with this kind of stuff. I'm always open minded to new plugins.

The learning curve of this plug-in is fairly simple. I wouldn't consider myself as a "modeler", the website comes with some Maya tutorials for free and it has a yahoo group for creative and technical support, so I manage to create some pretty decent looking plants and vines. It got a high rating over at Creative Cow but the customer service is pretty lousy. Check it out!