Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-09-2005 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber

Noobie's (My) Attempt at Modelling/Texturing Temple

Well, here is one of my nearly finished extremely basic projects. This is a very simple temple (which I modelled with the help of the Maya tutorials) and textured using a marble texture I found on the internet and the 3d marble texture contained within Maya.

Criticize as much as you want, as I can use all the help that I can get user added image

Note that I wasn't sure how to display the wireframe model of my temple as a picture file so I attached the .mb file to this post.

user added image

user added image

Sorry about the small size of the wireframe, photo bucket kept resizing it because it was too large in kb and now for some reason I can't actually attach the jpeg file to my post. Thanks for the help on posting the image though, utpal.

Last edited by Nusirilo; 12-09-2005 at 06:22 PM.
# 2 12-09-2005 , 04:33 PM
to display the wireframe, go to shading>shade options>wireframe on shaded...
to capture the wireframe, you take a screen shot.
in maya, zoom in properly on your model. then, hit the print screen button that lies right besides F12 on your keyboard. this takes a capture of your screen at that moment. then go to photoshop, open a new file and then do paste, or hit ctrl+v on your keyboard..

# 3 13-09-2005 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
not much to comment on as you said it is "a very simple temple"
what do suggest you do is, start adding more detail to it ie: the columns,
try get some reference images that will help with the detail.

keep on modeling.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 4 13-09-2005 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dae
not much to comment on as you said it is "a very simple temple"
what do suggest you do is, start adding more detail to it ie: the columns,
try get some reference images that will help with the detail.

keep on modeling.

Dae

Like maybe adding bump maps to represent decay? That's all I can think of (My imagination sucks lol). Any tutorials that give some advice on how to bump map? I learned a bit from the lynda.com tutorials, but not enough to really work in great detail with them.