Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-10-2006 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber

My first project in maya (apple ipod)

hey guys, well while i was flicking threw my files of pictures i came across my first project in maya which was an apple ipod. so i though ill just post it in here for the fun of it. c&c most welcome.
hope you like it, enjoy

cheers,

marlon

user added image

# 2 28-10-2006 , 04:29 AM
the modeling looks pretty accurate, the only gripe i've got is the texture for the green... not to be toooo picky, but the ipod minis were made of metal (so they had a slight texture to them) and they were most definitely pastel. the green on your ipod is pretty extreme and very flat shader-wise. but i still say good job on the modeling and the click-wheel. pretty accurate there.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 30-10-2006 , 03:31 AM
it's nice as a first work!

# 4 30-10-2006 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber
@ NeoStrider - haha yeah i totally agree with you about the green. was bored at the time soo i wanted to give it a extreme colour. about the accuracy, yeah i was trying to nail that as possible and most as i can.

@ 3fun - thanks man =)

thanks for the comment and crit guys...
cheers,
marlon

# 5 22-11-2006 , 12:02 PM
Are you planning to add in any earphones?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman