Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-03-2003 , 01:32 AM
Simply Maya OG

Script Editor thing Question

When Im modeling, I noticed that sometimes I get this little error/warning:

// Warning: pSphereShape1 (Mesh Node): Tweaks can be undesirable on shapes with history. //

It shows up bright pink in the little script editor thing, so its not hard to miss. Now, I dont think its anything too big, but Im just curious as to what its for, or what it means. Thnx. user added image

- Hybrid
# 2 06-03-2003 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
I think I know what this kind of error means.

When you do some modeling, things are caught up with history. Now, for some reason, not everything gets picked up (if I get this right), and may lead to some wierd results, as you say move something. Usually you get to tweak stuff in the channel box (because of history-recorded-actions), but when you get this kind of error, there may well complicate or screw up later tweaks done in the channel box.

I think there is a way to make maya register these kinds of manipulations, but I cannot remember how user added image

I may be wrong here. Any objections?

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 06-03-2003 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
Occasionally you will get his error when you move vertices or edges. Basically, it's just saying that "because you are moving this vertice, tweaks can be undesirable on shapes with history." If you try to modify the history of the object after you have tweaked it, the result may not be what it should had you not tweaked it. It's nothing important really. Just a mere warning. We all get it all the time.

# 4 06-03-2003 , 02:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's just a warning. Warnings aren't that big a deal, as long as you're aware of what its saying. When it actually says "Error" is when there's an immediate problem.

# 5 06-03-2003 , 02:21 AM
Simply Maya OG
Thanx for the info guys. user added image

- Hybrid