Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-09-2003 , 08:56 PM

Paint Effects problem... Plz help

Hiya
I am working on a 3D still for a class assignment...
I have a cylinder with paint effects plants in my scene..
When I go to render, it does not show up....
My "Enable Stroke Rendering" option is on, and I see the stroke in my scene... It just doesn't show up in my rendered scene...
I opened a new empty project window and threw a cylinder with the same paint effects strokes in it, and it renders fine... just not in my project scene that I need it for...

Any ideas? Please help me... user added image

# 2 14-09-2003 , 09:55 PM
That's odd. How about exporting everything from your project file to a new file?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 14-09-2003 , 10:10 PM
Hmm I just attempted what you suggested... still didn't work.. user added image THanx for trying to help...

I'm thinking there MUST be a setting somewhere that I am missing that is on by default, but got changed somehow in my project... but what is it?

# 4 14-09-2003 , 10:27 PM
ok.. instead of exporting the whole scene... I just exported only the plant pot with the stroke, etc (no lights or anything else) for the paint effects plant into a new file... and it renders fine... I'm trying to narrow this down to what the problem is...

# 5 14-09-2003 , 11:01 PM
Hope you'll find what the problem is... can't really help more w/o seeing the file...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 14-09-2003 , 11:23 PM
HA ! I figured it out...
I started exporting and testing more and more of my scene in a new file...
It appears that Maya paint effects doesn't like to work with Maya fur... the character in my scene has fur for hair...
When I deleted his fur feedback node and tested the render... the paint effects plant rendered fine...

I wasn't aware that they could not be used in the same render.. I guess I will have to do an additional render and composite the fur over the rest of the scene in post...

# 7 15-09-2003 , 06:52 AM
I'm glad you sorted it out. Good to know about this little pitfall...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB