Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-11-2012 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber

key framing parent/unparent

is there a way to do this? Most of the time i need to do switches from animating between IK and FK and i can get 1 parenting action in there, say on a grab push/pull animation but i can unparent and parent to something else in the same scene. Is there a way to key frame parenting and unparenting action without it going completely bonkers on me?

# 2 25-11-2012 , 11:03 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try keying a parent constraint with the weight as 1 or 0. Hopefully that works in your situation.

# 3 25-11-2012 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
thx i'll try that user added image

# 4 26-11-2012 , 05:57 AM
Technical Director
Just make sure you don't keep them both at 1, else you'll get strange results. You usually want to follow the formula:

blend0 = *value*
blend1 = 1 - blend0

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 26-11-2012 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
i'll have to mess around with it the next time it comes up. my current project only requires 1 parented object so no worries on it just yet user added image i'll probably run a few experiments on it when im done.