Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-07-2009 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber

Mental ray 1st time

this isnt great but not bad, i havent used it before so thought i would give it a go. been away from maya for a long time - trying to get back into it now that i have a bit more time.

nice tut by the way Jason.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by deathwish; 13-07-2009 at 09:04 PM.
# 2 13-07-2009 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
not bad

now add shadows (go into one of your lights and switch on ray trace shadows and play with the settings)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 13-07-2009 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber

slight change

ok i have done just that but not sure how to make so you can see through the glass while seeing the shadow through it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 14-07-2009 , 03:06 AM
Super Moderator
Increase the ray depth limit on your shadow casting light. Just like you had to do to the number of refractions in the render settings for the glass to actually appear transparent.

- Genny