Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-01-2006 , 01:30 AM

Escaping blast on water

Another rendition of the racer pod playing a bit with the wake in ocean and a ices explosion in the back hope u enjoy and critique as u like...

ps sorry for the large size

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-01-2006 , 09:27 PM
looks like the picture hasn't been uploaded completely...

# 3 12-01-2006 , 03:46 AM
really how come ok i hope this one does

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 12-01-2006 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber

Model

I really do like the water and the explosions, the only problem with this one is the model itself. I think you should touch mit up a bit because it looks like an N64 ship in WiperOut or something. Sorry, just add a little more detail in 3-D decorations on it, just some C&C.

My password is ********.
# 5 14-01-2006 , 02:19 AM
looks like you used subsurface scattering on the water though

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 14-01-2006 , 03:03 PM
the waves and the explosion look a bit strange..also the speeder needs a bit work on textures and model I think.
Furthermore it's obvious that there is a simple plane in the background. Try to use a sphere which is around he whole scene.

# 7 14-01-2006 , 08:55 PM
Lol, joopson, looks like he used an ocean shader for the water lol :p

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 8 14-01-2006 , 10:27 PM
thanks allot for the help, yeah i used an ocean shader for the water and used wake for it
I really appreciate the tip about the background didnt know what to do with it thanks allot

about the model itself i used a cube primitive played with it and smoothed it and for textureing i chose each face seperatley and assigned a matrerial to them thats y its not so good prolly a texture map would look better

I really appereciate the feed back though I'll try to keep it in mind in the next model im working on