Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-07-2012 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber

Nature scene

Hi! Just started doing a nature scene. Looking kinda cool when i changed the shader network for the plants user added image

user added image

# 2 27-07-2012 , 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Are you using the physical sky? It looks a bit washed out. The scene itself could a more interesting angle.

- Genny
# 3 27-07-2012 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, i'm using physical sky. But i have turned down the f shutter on the camera and put gamma
Corrects on all the textures. The leafs doesn't look washed out imo but the ground does à bit. Think it's because i have to much bump on it

# 4 28-07-2012 , 08:07 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh I would turn the bump down a tad, it probably looks washed because the ground texture gives off a similar colour to the sky?? like the leaves are very similar shade....I agree with Gen, the angle is a bit off. How big is it going to be mate? something else in there for scale would be good too, like rusty coin or box of matches etc

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 28-07-2012 , 08:19 AM
Lifetime Member
Just a note Swat...for a realistic looking terrain I wouldnt use those kinds of plants. To me that looks like a salt pan...like where I work in the Pilbara (though the dirt is red but with salt). I would be using something like saltbush or mangroves....even spinifex...etc. Just my 2 cents worth....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 30-08-2012 , 06:25 AM
Very nice start. Have you thought about using a depth of field foreground element to give it some added depth?