Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-08-2012 , 09:45 AM

Gangster

Gangster wip,

Still working on the cloth textures + need to add eye brows, eye lashes and then see if I can get him talking.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by leonlabyk; 06-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
# 2 06-08-2012 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
Wow, looking awesome mate user added image how was the hair made? With Maya nhair? Shave and à haircut?

# 3 06-08-2012 , 11:53 AM

# 4 06-08-2012 , 01:39 PM
The Nurb Herd
is it a black guy or a white guy? i think the head looks like its a weird shape tbh.

# 5 06-08-2012 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber

Gangster wip,

Still working on the cloth textures + need to add eye brows, eye lashes and then see if I can get him talking.

WOW, I wish I could model like that! Amazing work!

# 6 07-08-2012 , 10:29 AM
Cheers,

Is supposed to be a white guy and have made some adjustments. Got the speech and animation on everything now and am just rendering it out.

How the final will hopefully look if it manages to go according to plan user added image

user added image

# 7 07-08-2012 , 03:27 PM

is it a black guy or a white guy? i think the head looks like its a weird shape tbh.

So honest. But being a bit more specific might help him in the long run.

# 8 07-08-2012 , 05:03 PM
The Nurb Herd
fair enough, didn't really explain myself....

I was looking at this at work, and the guy next to me and myself both agreed that the head is a strange shape. its quite elongated.
The lips are a bit odd like they are stuck on. it could be the texture, maybe to harsh a line between the edge of the lip and the rest of the skin. The skin tone to me looks like tobacco or leather or something its quite dark. This is why i was asking if it was a black guy. My colleague also pointed out that the disp/bump looks strange like it clips like the range is wrong. maybe its clamped in the shader.
I'd also say its a little out of focus and dark, i thought that might be a post process thing tho.

sorry i didn't type all this before, i generally give short answers which i shouldn't really do.

your work is really good, so i'd say this could be better, but as you say its a wip. I can only assume you posting it up you are looking for criticism and help rather than just have people say "its amazing blah blah"

# 9 07-08-2012 , 11:29 PM
rm3d
great work, cant wait to see him talk , hint hint user added image

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk
# 10 08-08-2012 , 09:36 AM
Cheers for the crits and words guys,

It is a wip but is also a test for a poss job. Unfortunately I have had to do this in a short ammount of time due to other work to pay bills etc now I am back in the UK. As you stated Honest it could easily be a lot better and really needs more time spent on it but unfortunately it is time I do not have. Will have the final animation etc done early evening today and will then send it off. I may well go back to this though and try to get it looking decent if it fails the test.

Cheers for the more detailed crit though Honest, I always appretiate people taking the time to help me improve my work and hope to come back to this in order to get it looking good.

Cheers chilledoutredhead will stick a link up here once I have it uploaded

# 11 08-08-2012 , 11:54 AM
your work is awesome. I am a beginner's modeler and I wish I could model like that. But the squeeze on the chin seems awkward, or perhaps the gangster is an aged man?

# 12 09-08-2012 , 12:15 AM

# 13 09-08-2012 , 01:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Good effort my friend...sounds like a Bogart LOL. Still needs some tweaking?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes