Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 03-02-2008 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
hmm..?? i cab see an edge i havent merged under the car.., best i fix that

take it easy and life will be easy
# 32 03-02-2008 , 04:06 PM
Subscriber
door handle, windshield and rear view mirror

Attached Thumbnails

# 33 03-02-2008 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
and the wire.., think i better go in and look at the position of the handle.., maybe its the perspective?? looks OK when i modeled it..???

Attached Thumbnails

# 34 05-02-2008 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber
this is the model in smooth.., had to pull a few verts.., any crit before i move on with it.., past here there is not much i can fix if need be.., so im looking for advice, crit.., whatever.., to me something looks not right.., but at the same time it looks fine.., so obviously im not sure about .., either my skills.., or the model.., or both

any hlp very welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

# 35 05-02-2008 , 08:30 AM
Looking good mirek. Are yyou going to do windows for the back seat?

The Swindler
Critty please? With sugar on top?
# 36 06-02-2008 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
thanks agent dick..user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 37 06-02-2008 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
again

Attached Thumbnails

# 38 06-02-2008 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber
and rear

Attached Thumbnails

# 39 06-02-2008 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber
as one can see.., im still getting used to the smooth operation.., there seems to be verts that do not act as they should..,

# 40 09-02-2008 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
maybe i was being fussy.., reading about it or not seems to make little difference.., im getting black screens on the perspective view.., crashing.., blah blah.., im moving on with this.., i suspect its because i have all the settings in foot.., im getting unexpected .., actually totally unexpected because i didnt set them.., in my preferences.., i dont think ill be using 'foot' ever again.., ill leave it default.., im thinking of going back to maya 6.5., i have lost at least 60% time today on crashes.., and bad smooths?? of course this isnot happening to others i already know that so i guess it me and this computer.., because this does not happen at all on the mac, then again.., iver never used foot.., and i think there must be a box thats not chesked that i dont know about.

still haven't done the wheels.., and the reason i stated this was to learn the lighting and render.., anyway.., next is the wheels.., or whatever trim it needs

Attached Thumbnails

# 41 10-02-2008 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
i discovered i didnt have mt displays set correctly.., not mayas fault.., all my fault..., should be a breeze from here ??? user added image :headbang: :bow: user added image user added image :attn: user added image :blush: :hug:

# 42 10-02-2008 , 11:48 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Well I'm glad to hear you got your problems fixed.

Your car is looking really good.

Though you have Low-Poly Wing mirrors and hinges, but the rest of your car is Hi-Poly. Might wanna smooth them.

Everything thing else is coming together really nicely user added image

Are you going to do an interior?

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 43 10-02-2008 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
yea, but now that im going to CGI and VFX school (coledge, whatever its called these days) i realized i know next to nothing.., theres so much to learn past maya if one is to get into a production house.., unless one specializes in some aspect of maya.., im not that good.., OK.., in a year of trying i might be OK.., one guy who did this course last year just got into one of the biggest production houses in Australia..,

i have to start to learn Fusion seriously from tomorrow.., and i have left any organic modeling or rigging, animating for the birds..??
i might try and whiz through this.., but i should really be concentrating on rigging and organics. (within maya) just to keep up with the class. my film back ground and working in teams gives me advantages over the others (this is not a competition).., sound especially and the basics like the rulke of thirds and how its used in a scene.., two shot, head room.., blah blah

ill get through this as best i can.

i had the resolutions of th screen all over the place.., you can see how big my menus were compared to some people making tuts.., i never noticed it before.., but thats another story

anyway, lots to do

hope all is well on your side of the hills

Muser added image

# 44 15-02-2008 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber
i managed to find time to put wheels on it (between learning fusion in a week??user added image )

Attached Thumbnails

# 45 15-02-2008 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
more

Attached Thumbnails