Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-11-2011 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber

Sword Master Tutorial?

Hello Forum-

I am very sorry for posting way to much on here. However i am in the process of creating to very different models for my portfolio with Maya.

I gone to this site called 3DTotal and found a tutorial that I can use for a low poly project. I want use The sword Master. I have a design of my own to just use it's instructions to follow alone until it's done. I felt it would better suit my purpose by dealing with it this way.

Ok here's the thing, I forgot my password and I can not get to the purchase it. I wrote several time to the site administrator and got no response from them at all. So I lost time over this past weekend trying to locate these guys.

So my question to this forum is where else can I find the tutorial of "Sword Master in Maya" other than 3DTotal. I am not bashing them but can seem to get a response for my password. But I have to keep it moving. I even tried calling them from the states and no one picked up the telephone fax number. Not sure what's happening there but I have to keep it moving.

If any one of you may have this tutorial. Would you like to sell a copy this is how important this is. I do not mean to go outside of 3DTotal but I can not get them to respond to me and do not know why.

Thanks for your understanding

# 2 15-11-2011 , 01:11 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'm sure you must have just caught them on an off day. I've sent them an email I'd say they will be in touch with you fairly soon.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 15-11-2011 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
David-

I've tried for 3 days of emailing them, 4 to 5 times, no response at all. Time is not on my side at this point which is why I posted this thread. I do not want to go outside of them, are there other options?

Meaning are there other tutorials just like the Low poly "Sword Master" else where?

Last edited by PenPixels; 15-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
# 4 15-11-2011 , 05:09 PM
Lifetime Member
I have not had any problems with 3d total I actually like them quite a bit what email did you use? There is a difference between their website and their store perhaps your looking in the wrong place. I really like the Joan of Arc tut I did it a while back their books are pretty good. If you are new to modeling I would recommend following the tut as is but if your a little more advanced you should be fine in just using some of the techniques they teach.

- Jake
# 5 15-11-2011 , 05:13 PM
Lifetime Member
# 6 15-11-2011 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
Yes that is the one I used, no response from them. I even called the number attached on that page. All it does is ring, ring ring and no one picks up.

Do you know away to get around this. I am not bashing them. However no one is responding from that site to me.

joverall22- I am not new to modeling, just new to Maya and trying to get use to the tools here.user added image

# 7 15-11-2011 , 05:37 PM
EduSciVis-er
Just an idea, but if you are looking to get familiar with the UI and Maya's tools, it shouldn't really matter which tutorial you follow, just pick a decent hard-surface tutorial from anywhere and follow it, then apply the tools to your own sword design. It'll be faster than trying to get troubleshoot this issue.

# 8 15-11-2011 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
stwert-

You are correct. It's that that tutorial fits something that I have planned out for my low poly example for my portfolio is all. However still no emails back from them. i am not sure what's happened on there end.

# 9 15-11-2011 , 05:55 PM
Lifetime Member
You can always use this contact form here but responses are usually a little slower. https://shop.3dtotal.com/contacts/

You could also just create a new account and purchase the tutorial with it. Sorry don't know what else to tell you. Other than to keep calling and emailing

- Jake
# 10 15-11-2011 , 05:55 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 11 15-11-2011 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
I tried to create a new account but it bounces back and remind me that I already have an account there. I forgot my password, that's the issues here and all I need is for them to resend it back to me. It's been 2 years ago when I purchased from them.

Dave I will look into this one as well. What version of Maya did you use for this one?user added image

Last edited by PenPixels; 15-11-2011 at 08:02 PM.