Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 13-09-2004 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Wonderful
the picture looks like shit. sorry for the teamkill mate

Err... STFU Mr Wonderfuluser added image
Way to encourage someone.
Pfft, some people

Looks OK Billy_catuser added image

# 17 13-09-2004 , 11:42 PM

Originally posted by FrenZy
Err... STFU Mr Wonderfuluser added image
Way to encourage someone.
Pfft, some people

Looks OK Billy_catuser added image

Yeah, seriously...I think some people just cannot recognize talent when they see it. Or, Mr. Wonderful could just be jealous that he could not do something like that in 2 minutes...I know I couldn't! :p Personally, I would not listen to Mr. Wonderful's comments, Billy Cat. He does not seem to know what he is talking about...or one of those guys who likes to put people down (based on how he smiled when you felt bad user added image ). *rolls eyes* user added image I used to know some people like that when I was in grade school awhile back... How old are you anyway, Mr. Wonderful?

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 18 13-09-2004 , 11:49 PM
It's missing something. I'm not sure what though. It just doesn't feel like it's finished.

# 19 13-09-2004 , 11:57 PM
hey my friend keep at it! it may look sucky to other people but as long as you are happy with your work and keep a positive attitude, you will get better ;] that is the way of the maya ninja moo haha :p

# 20 14-09-2004 , 02:53 AM
I will ignore mr wonderful..

Yes it was just something i did when i was bored, not a big deal... It doesnt reflect my maya skills..

but thanks to the people with posotive attitudes..

# 21 14-09-2004 , 01:17 PM
I do agree that it's not a very interesting picture, sorry user added image The lighting isnt great cause you have a massive hotspot at the front of the pic that shows the edges of your ground plane. Your lights could also be more interesting, I know you said it was a 2 min job but it really shows it user added image

Dont worry about posting stuff like this though, go for it the more you post the better you will get. Ignore people like Wonderful, it's not worth rising to the bait.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 22 14-09-2004 , 01:57 PM
Wonderful
You can't handle with critic mr. .....billy sumthin....
[MOD EDIT]
Yeah your right you probably couldnt make this picture. So why dont you learn how to and then judge him/her?! if you've come to cause unecessary trouble on the site then you're really not welcome. It says in your profile that you are a soldier in the us military right? (i find it hard to believe but that doesnt matter!) Based on that, surely you know that you should show a little more decorum on this forum. This has been passed on to the admins so I'll let them deal with it now.

user added image
Pure_Morning
[/MOD EDIT]

.ok I couldn't create a pic like that but I make sports and don't spend my whole time in my room....muahahahahahaa

# 23 14-09-2004 , 03:13 PM
please ignore "wonderful"'s comments. It's really not worth the effort getting into a stupid flame war.

Keep up the positive attitude! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 24 14-09-2004 , 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Billy_Cat
I will ignore mr wonderful..

Yes it was just something i did when i was bored, not a big deal... It doesnt reflect my maya skills..

but thanks to the people with posotive attitudes..

You're welcome, Billy_Cat! user added image I am glad that it helped make you feel better. Keep up the good work, and just keep on practicing! user added image

~C.G.P.

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 25 15-09-2004 , 06:04 AM
Subscriber
Art is not intended to speak to everyone

I applaud the artwork created for personal use and shared so freely amongst us.

Thank you,

t3

# 26 17-09-2004 , 02:45 AM
Any practice is good practice in my eyes.....keep it upuser added image

# 27 19-09-2004 , 01:30 AM
well...if you've ever seen some of the abstract art that sells for 100's of thousands..you know, the huge paintings with 3 blue lines across the centre..you'll start to appreciate this piece. I mean..does anyone really understand that stuff??

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there...with open arms, and open eyes" - Incubus
# 28 19-09-2004 , 02:48 AM
i think that kind of abstract art is like Nike.. your just buying the name (of the artist)

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 29 27-09-2004 , 03:14 AM
i think its actually pretty cool looking. i dont see to much abstract art attempted here (maybe im not just looking) but it seems new to me to see that kinda stuff. cool work keep it up man

# 30 01-10-2004 , 05:32 AM
If everyone was a noob then who would we have to learn from here? user added image

Keep up the work Billy_Cat. If comments or suggestions don't fall within reasonable critiques then just ignore them. Some people are a little more frank than others (like me) but the main thing is not to take anything said here to heart. It's just meant for criticism, support, and knowledge. If anything, you've gained knowledge of what kind of comments to ignore. user added image

Dave Baer
Simply Maya Moderator.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu