Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-09-2004 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber

Having 2 Bump map on same model?

Hi,

I would like to know it its possible to have 2 bump map on the same model. If so, how?

I looked around the menus and I cant figure that out.

Thanks!

# 2 07-09-2004 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber
if there to be used in the same space I would just say combine them in photoshop. ah, if there for difrent places on the same object and you just have to have one shader thin I would say use a biger texture. maya will take up to 8k square.. MR maybe even more if done right.

# 3 07-09-2004 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber
Ok, but what if one texture is for everything that will be extruded while the other would be for everything that should be intruded into the model?. Ex: one for scars the other for wounds.

?

# 4 07-09-2004 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
well bump maps should do both. The bump map is a nutral gray, at that grayness there is no bump. But you pain on a little wight and there is a bump. draw a black line and there is a cut. Basicly like that so there are both. You might have to invert the black and weight though I don't remember witch is the bump out and bump in.

# 5 07-09-2004 , 08:31 AM
white is out and black is in (well it should be if you've applied it properly) user added image

As pony said start with your map painted as #555555 (mid grey) and then work to raise and lower from there by painting darker and light to get the variations you need. You dont need two bump maps

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 07-09-2004 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
Thanks all. I will try that, and keep all of my bumps in different layers is PS to keep it all clean.

Thx!