Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-03-2005 , 12:09 AM

Big black screen.....Help please

Ok so for some odd reason When ever I go from the four panel view back to a single panel view the view goes all black. You can still see the interface and all the tools. Just the view is gone.

Also the canvas view for 3D paint is the same way even when I select "paint scene"

This didn't start happening untill I did the Painting tutorials. Is there some setting I changed to alter the lighting for those views or something? Any help would be most apreciated

# 2 10-03-2005 , 01:32 AM
The four-pane to single-pane toggle problem sounds like a known problem with nVidia GeForce cards. If u do use nVidia GeForce, installing the latest drivers from the nVidia website should fix this.
Maya isn't supported on any GeForce cards.

# 3 10-03-2005 , 06:04 PM
Bummer. I will check and see what graphics card I am using

# 4 10-03-2005 , 09:26 PM
Yeah so I had the wrong screen size set in my graphics option. My computer was having a hissy fit about it....just thought I would let every one know

# 5 10-03-2005 , 09:57 PM
Subscriber
Cool, so that fixed the Maya panels issues?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 10-03-2005 , 11:22 PM
Yeah fixed it right up. Solved the paint problem too. I guess my graphics card can't handle Maya at such a high resolution. So I set it to a lower one and it works fine now