Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-06-2006 , 01:19 PM

extending and repeating fluid effects

hey guys,
i need some serious help here... u see i created a flame effect for a project i'm working on... the problem is that when it plays after 150 frames or so it fades off and i'm left with a very small frame... i've switched on cyclic emmisions but doesn't help...
so i want to know how can i make the container repeat the animation after the 150th frame and keep it repeating every time 150 frames are over...oh and i've set the initial frame to 50 as the effect doesn't start to look good before 50th frame..just so u know...
And one more thing... the animation looks really fast as it gets completed in 100 frames.. how can i "stretch" the animation so that it looks a bit slower like a real flame.. would lowering the simulation rate(set to 2.5 right now) help... would it change the way the flame works a lot(coz i dont want that)..
Please help me.. i'm really stuck.. i would really appreciate it..thank you

ltk_007
# 2 08-06-2006 , 08:06 AM
Hi,
You can slow down the effect by going to the attribute editor, Dynamic simulation and changing the simulation rate scale to a smaller number, as 2.5 is 2.5 times faster, so it would last 2.5 times shorter, I think it is like a scale on time (but not definate) so it shouldn't change the sim look, and u can pre roll your simulation so it looks good at frame 0 by changing the start frame to say -50 (and your time slider).

I assume you have a burst of fuel in the container, which is then being used up, u may have to go to the fluid emitter and crank up the fuel emisson rate, or maybe keyframe it user added image

AnDy