Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-09-2008 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber

maya lagging

When I go to select verts and drag the mouse maya seems to be lagging pretty badly now more than it ever has before, a fresh reboot didn't make any difference.

My CPU Usage in the task manager gets up to about 60%

I have 2gb ram and a quadro fx3450 graphics card, and I've never had this problem before

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated since this isn't making it an enjoyable time to model.

# 2 07-09-2008 , 02:34 PM
could it be something unrelated to Maya such as a virus or a similar bug? Your computer kicks the hell out of mine, and I don't have that problem... You say its a new problem? I usually leave my computer off for a day or 2 just in case its overheating or something, too...

Sorry if none of that helped, hehe
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 07-09-2008 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
it's ok I appreciate the effort, I did think of the virus thing but I'm not coming up with any, and my computers about as clean as you can get it from spyware.

# 4 07-09-2008 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
well I just did a defrag and restarted again, and it's working fine now, weird, I just did a defrag a week ago... oh well, it's working now.