Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-12-2015 , 10:08 PM

DISP 0.1 error 211079 while AO Baking

Hey,

im kind of an "Maya-Newbie", im usin it just for AO Baking models built in AC3D. So im not really in it.
Im using Maya 2011 and Mental Ray, so today i was baking a tractor, around 200k triangels, but with around 20-25 materials (automapping) so i didnt change any settings and stuff but at some point it started to not finish the baking process, with files 128kb as a result, after a few more trys i found out the output window is full with errors.

initMPS with licenseOption 0
mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.
DISP 0.1 error 211079: failed to memory map virtual frame buffer: Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar.
DISP 0.1 error 211079: failed to memory map virtual frame buffer: Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar.
MSG 0.3 error 011105: cannot start thread 15: Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar.

And then its full of

After baking it says another error with the description "couldnt save *filename*.tiff"
by the way "Für diesen Befehl ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar." means "There is not enough memory for this command"

What i tried:
-Deleting all the maya prefs
-Importing the scene in a new one
-Baking it without all the textures loaded to the other parts
-Baking it in 512 and 1024 worked without errors.

My settings:

MentalRay Settings

Am i the only one expiriencing that problem?
Congrats from germany