Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-09-2006 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber

Sony Ericsson Mobile

Somewhat new to Maya. Just wanted to show off this a little I guess. What do I need to improve on?

user added image

davisdryan@gmail.com
# 2 03-09-2006 , 05:34 PM
looks good. i'd just like to comment on the render, i think the base of the phones are too reflective (too reflective in a way that it's almost as if it's transparent)? unless it's what u wanted it to be

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 3 03-09-2006 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
Hey there davis,

for a newcomer that's a nice picture, it looks a little flat though sort of like a box with a picture printed on it. In a computer game that's ok for a small accessory or object but if you're going for realism you need to get in there and model each part... case, buttons, screen, connectors.... etc.

The dimensions could do with a little tweaking, the handset looks a little fat at the moment and the shiny is just a little too shiny. I'm not sure what you're making the model for so my thoughts could be a little redundant if it's for a game, whatever the case I hope I've given you some food for thought.

Keep at it,

Mat.