Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-10-2010 , 08:25 AM

Texture map help

Hey guys been awhile since I posted on here been really busy, start uni last week and im doing a 3d modelling and animation course and Derby uni, our first task is to get us used to 2d digital techniques but ive stumbled across a problem lol, ive created a basic model and done my UV maps and started texturing in Maya simply colours etc and went to test it out in Maya and im getting a wire frame instead of my texture here are some pics below:

First picture is my UV

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-10-2010 , 08:27 AM
2nd picture is what i saved out

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 03-10-2010 , 08:32 AM
Heres what happens in maya, first i created a blinn > colour > file > select 2nd image i posted > result in this when i press 6 on keyboard

Hope you can help kinda stumped myself haha never done texturing before

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 03-10-2010 , 08:56 AM
LOL ive just been playing around and ive managed to fix the problem, i saved my texture out as a targa and it came with that result above, just saved it out as a jpeg and its worked, if anyone could still tell me why this problem occurred it would still help as i can write it in my report

Camrat

# 5 03-10-2010 , 05:18 PM
Hi,

try not to use jpegs for textures. Stick to tiff or targa or another uncompressed format.

What happens sometimes is when you assign a texture to colour, maya automatically assigns the alpha to transparency. Just break the connection to transparency by right clicking it and selecting break connection.

cheers

gubar

# 6 04-10-2010 , 09:11 AM
Thank you for the comment user added image I have changed my textures to targa, same problem occurred but just deleted transparency node and inserted colour and it worked user added image

Thanks Camrat