Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-06-2003 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber

june Challenge- Quaoar- Newbie

Well since it's slow over at Simplylightwave.com I thought I'd stop in here and try my first maya project..... here is the original rough I came up with last night...... It's beer O'clock here souser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-06-2003 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
and here is the final version..... It's an extreme beach buggy.....and by extreme I mean it's extremely not made for the beach but I think it looks neat.user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 03-06-2003 , 06:21 PM
nice concept
cant wait to see it in 3 dimensions.

________

- Jacob
# 4 03-06-2003 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber
thx.... I can't wait to see it in 3d also....Umm....any takersuser added image

# 5 03-06-2003 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
if it only looks half as good as you 2nd sketch, it will be awesome. i wish i could draw better :p

# 6 03-06-2003 , 08:43 PM
how did you draw those pic's ? With a pencil,marker or with a Worktablet (or what those thing's ar called)?

# 7 03-06-2003 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
jonkelis, it looks like that it is a pencil sketch, imported to photoshop (or replace photshop with any software for 2d graphics) and then redrawn the pencil with computer. the shading (the color) definately looks like a tablet. possible in many layers and using masks not to draw over a black line

# 8 04-06-2003 , 05:22 PM
if you look at the sketch of the front wheel, you can see the lag from the tablet .. so I am guessing the sketch is made in photoshop using a tablet, since photoshops tablet update is kinda slow user added image

Nice work by the way

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 9 04-06-2003 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
hey there, well this is what I do in PS. start with a blank file. use the wacom pen on a new layer get the rough shape in... then change the opacity to about 30% add a new layer mark out the true shape I want with the pen tool...then use the stroke path option to create the nice lines I want. delete the sketch layer then on anew layer beneath the"inked drawing i start painting...user added image or... I'll just draw it then scan it in..use the curves tool to get rid of the light lines, multiply thedrawing layer use the multiply option and paint... https://jellybelly.epilogue.net you can see some of my other stuff here. Have fun and good luck!

# 10 09-06-2003 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
loving the concept

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 11 23-06-2003 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO THIS BAD A** IDEA!?!?!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 12 23-06-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
LoL.... I'm trying. user added image Got a some models to build for a tv short in lightwave.... I'll get it done....user added imagepromise.

# 13 23-06-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
??? u sure?? only a week left, good luck!! (BTW quick response!)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 23-06-2003 at 06:34 PM.
# 14 24-06-2003 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
cool sketch!

# 15 25-06-2003 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
wow, thats one amazing sketch! This had amazing potential to win, it would of had 5 stars in the idea range user added image. Kinda late though to do such a design. Maybe though, if your good.. you could live without sleep until the end of the month surviving on coffee beans, loud music and maybe then you could finish it for the final user added image.

Nah, if you can do it in a week.. i beleive ya. I have done similar projects.. noting like this.. but on a smaller scale user added image. Hope we see this model from ya soon!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com