Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-10-2003 , 06:08 PM

cloud spread

hi anyone,

i tried to struggle with cloud effect.. suppose i already drew the spaceplane. that plane is going through the cloud want movement. i dont know how to say hard to explain...user added image for example like movie called ID4 movies.. you get it... user added image how to get it cloud move from spaceplane is faster...

help me please..
thank
movie3d

Last edited by movie3d; 07-10-2003 at 07:31 AM.
# 2 07-10-2003 , 07:33 AM
hey anyone,

all of u are no answer on the4 forum... oh man.. i am very dispointment... nobody help me about this...

movi3d

# 3 07-10-2003 , 03:13 PM
Are you talking about the "Cloud-tank" shot from ID4 right?

Well, that was done by pouring a mix of milk and fullers-earth into a tank of water, and shot with the frame-rate changed to emphisize a sense of scale.

In your case, I would suggest fluids, as it is a LOT less messyuser added image hehe..

Check out the fluid presets in your visor for something cloudy to start from, and add a dynamic dummy-object to fly through it, and use that as a starter for your composite.

Does that help a little?

PS, welcome to SM!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 08-10-2003 , 03:41 AM

very compleix

thank you send me a email.... oh well that is exactly u said .. talk about airplane is going through the cloud will spread... i donot know to set up... that is very hard.. can u teach me step to step please.,,

thankuser added image user added image
movie3d

# 5 08-10-2003 , 05:16 PM
Well if you want the cloud to spread it will depend on what clouds youre using.If you are using particle clouds then you can attach a uniform field to your aircraft , using a volume sphere mode.The uniform field will push the clouds away in the desired direction, will take some experimenting to get the desired speeds at which you want the cloud to move away, this u can achieve either with keyframing the magnitude of the field OR by using expressions.
As for fluids too im guessing that they can be affected by Mayas dynamic engine hence allowing you to use the same method mentioned above.
But again it will take tral and error to get thing moving exactly the way you want them to.

# 6 08-10-2003 , 10:09 PM
thank you ... i will try... if not i will let u know... i will work on this right now..

thank
:bgreen: