Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-07-2005 , 01:20 PM

Quick question, Maya PLE to Maya

1. I have Maya PLE but plan to switch to the real Maya sometime in the future. Are the files from Maya PLE totally different than those in the regular Maya?

I dont want to make a bunch of Models in PLE and then have them not work in the real Maya, so I was curious if anyone knows? Any help would be great!!

Also...
2. Has anyone heard anything about Maya 7?

3. I had a problem batch rendering... when I try to batch render it says, "Cannot find an available port". Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks so much guys!!!!

I knew I could come here and ask these difficult questions because there are a lot of knowledgable Maya users here

# 2 19-07-2005 , 01:22 PM

# 3 19-07-2005 , 01:28 PM
Thanks. I wonder if the Batch render won't work because I have Maya PLE

# 4 19-07-2005 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Maya and PLE use two completely different formats. Maybe try to convert your PLE into .X or something, and then try to open that into maya.

# 5 19-07-2005 , 06:00 PM
PLE is closed. You can't import or export any file formats other than .mp. If they allowed .x, then you'd be able to use PLE (free) in a production pipeline, and that's not good for Maya's bottom line.

# 6 19-07-2005 , 08:00 PM
Oh ok, thanks guys