Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 11-04-2007 , 12:14 AM
Q. How come I don't have a modeling menu set?

A. The latest versions of Maya have a Polygon menu set and a Surface menu set instead.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 29-10-2007 , 09:17 PM
Q: Faces flip/deform when using bridge/merge edges.
Q: I'm stuck with a border edge even after merging vertices.

A: Reverse the normals (Normals menu).

# 18 14-11-2007 , 09:38 AM
Since I looked alot for it, here it comes:

Q) Where can I change/make shortcuts?

A) Window -> Settings/Preferences -> HotKey Editor

The world is crule
# 19 16-11-2007 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
Q : My history dose not show up, after i have done a mesh tool modification? (or like you cant switch back to 0 in the polysmoothnode

A: This can be modified by typing in the command line the following info.

constructionHistory -tgl on;

This toggles the history construction back on.

Note: everything that is created before the construction history is toggled back on is gone for ever.

# 20 28-05-2008 , 09:20 PM
Thx for posting

# 21 30-08-2008 , 07:50 PM
Subscriber
I want to make an icon that I can put on my toolbar for the function ctrl+a to toggle channel box or attribute editor. I see it in a bunch of Kurt's vids but it was never explained how to get it.

# 22 30-08-2008 , 08:51 PM
Lifetime Member
There are already icons to click to get these things, look to the top right of the UI next to the X,Y,Z boxes and you will see 3 icons, the first one brings up the attribute editor , the second the tool options and the 3rd the channel box and layers.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 23 15-10-2009 , 07:25 PM
I have a question...
I believe Ive done something wrong, cause few weeks ago it was working perfectly...

Q: When I try to scale an object (XYZ separately) in the viewport it is either not working, or just scales it to much in the dirrection I want... MMB-dragging is working properly, but sometimes it's just easier to do that with the "rotate tool".

Thanks!

# 24 27-11-2009 , 08:46 PM
EduSciVis-er
Since this has shown up an awful lot since it was implemented in 2009(?)...

Q:My selections are yellow and/or orange and/or red and vertices I don't want to move are moving. How can I get back to selecting things normally?

A: Soft-select is most likely turned on. Press 'b' to toggle it on/off or open move tool options for more options and information.

# 25 05-12-2009 , 06:24 AM
EduSciVis-er
Q: How do I move the manipulator arrows or pivot point?

A: Press insert (or home on mac) and move it around. Hold x to snap to grid if you want it on the origin for example.