Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-05-2006 , 05:47 PM
Subscriber

help stuck on dragon tut

i am stuck on part 2 of the tut starting from minute 7:33 of the tutorial. he is going to fast and i cant see which parts he is deleting because of the option box in the way.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-05-2006 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber
In the video you can close the option box. you will not use it for a bit. He is deleting the inside faces. Just going hitting space bar and clicking on faces. He is deleting the inside of the mouth where tongue would be and back of mouth .

# 3 14-05-2006 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
i did that but for some reason my dragon throat has two boxes under in the video it has three. i think i am deleting the wrong part in the earlier part of the tutoral when we have to delete one side of the dragon

# 4 14-05-2006 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber
well if you post your file then someone here can look at it that has done the dragon tutorial and see what is going on . hard to tell with a wireframe

# 5 17-05-2006 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
this is where i am up to. if you look closely i only have two sections where in the tutorial he has three sections on the dragons mouth and throat id this my problem?

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 17-05-2006 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
here is another picture

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 17-05-2006 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
okay i see some problems ...the one with red arrow together at top ..need to be merged ..that is one and the other straight arrow ...need verged also. the one with green need to be deleted ... then the straight red line ..mix it with line above in purple ..i would make a new line there with the split poly too keep good geometry, the orange line and verge with the above jaw ...if you dont understand dont be afraid to ask ... I am no expert just learning too but like i said working on same tutorial...

not at home to take a look at tutorial but have you merge the jaws and head ? not sure if that is at that part yet ?

of course this is just looking at the pic...maybe if the file is different i cant see it ...

but you are doing a very good job ...alot better than i did at first ...trust me I had all kinds of issues ...keep up the good work and any questions myself or someone else on here will be happy to help . heck i dont know it all but there are some very talented people here that know most of it all ... and are always glad to help ..

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mmoore5553; 17-05-2006 at 12:27 PM.
# 8 02-06-2006 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber
i dont understand. from the drawings on the pic who every has a file that passed this part i am stuck on please send to me i just dont get it i will try later but for now i want to skip along

# 9 02-06-2006 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
well how bout you post your file and someone can fix it or show you how to fix it .... ? cause it wouldnt be too good to fix it for you ..cause you need to learn either by soemoen fixing it for you and showing you what was done ... just post up and i can take a look at it later when i get home or someone here can take a look also

# 10 02-06-2006 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
on the earlier post he explains and says to merge and use this tool and that tool... if u can just explain where to find these tools i think i can do it from there. thanks

# 11 02-06-2006 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
okay I am not at my pc with maya on it but to merge the jaw in red arrow ..you need to go to edit polygons and then merge vertices ..that is what you do to merge. you need to do that aroudn the jaw ..if you watch the video it shows how to merge those two spots ...

also you see the purple line and red line ....those need to have a line put there ...that is where you use split poly tool. make a line there ...and that is located ..edit polygons and split poly ...then it will make two lines and you need to join the vertices by edit polygons and merge vertices ... when i say join you will have two seperate lines and you want to make them as one ..so join the two ends where the vertices are ....

the line with squigly marks on it ..you need to right click mouse and go to faces and just delete those .... cause you dotn need those ...they are just wasting space .... you can select more than one by holding shift key and clicking on the square and hit delete ..

save your file before you do any of this so you have a working backup of a backup

Last edited by mmoore5553; 02-06-2006 at 06:11 PM.