Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-03-2007 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber

VRAY or FinalRender

I would like to hear from folks who would prefere one over the other, pros and cons!

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 29-03-2007 , 10:30 AM
Subscriber
Ive used every renderer and my fav is v-ray. IMO its the best renderer out there. its renders fast, its EASY to learn or use without any tuts, There are hundereds of tuts just in case u dont know how o use it cause so many ppl useit and the quality is awesome. FR to me is like a better MR but is still harder the vray to get the same quality but thats just my opinion

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 3 29-03-2007 , 10:36 AM
Subscriber
Hi there.
Thats interesting. I have been doing some tests with Vray for Maya 8.5 with the same scene in Maya 8 rendered with Final Render and I have to say that FR has come out much faster. Trying to keep to the same settings in each test as close as possible. I have to say that the Sun and Sky in Vray is much easier to manipulate, Are there many tuts on Vray with Maya or is it mostly Max or do the Max tuts apply to Maya version.

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 29-03-2007 , 10:40 AM
Subscriber
mostly max. THat Vray is in its beta stage and it seems like its been over a year since they release the beta. There is still a lot of setting missing and that Vray doesnt work as good for maya as it does for max seeing that its in its beta stage. Hmm i could be mistaken but last vray for maya i had was the beta and I mean A lot and really ALOT of settings were missing and it was crap so i never used it for maya. I use it for max because the one for max is just perfect but yea the one for maya needs a lot of help and i emailed them about it to see and they said they are still working on it to get it better but that was last year so I dont know if they actually came out with the real version or not

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.