Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-07-2015 , 05:57 PM

Help! Render Settings reset when i batch!

There seems to be a bug or something but i cant find any info or post about it, like im the only one its happened to. My render settings keep "resetting" to 'max trace depth 400', 'Shadows 50', 'Shadow method = simple'... The rest sticks to what ive got; but the fact that it switches to simple shadows from segments ruins my render.... While working the scene I noticed this was happening when i looked at the render settings and didnt know what was causing it, i just changed it back. But now im really worried because im trying to batch render and every time i hit batch it switches! Please help i cant delay this render anymore and i dont want to use scripting to batch from render window because it is a very long batch render to risk hitting 'esc' key! Another weirdness i can point out is that during scene work sometimes when i did a lot of renders while adjusting shading and illumination the renders started coming out looking like unified sampling = 0.1 instead of = 1.0 (this is an estimate, setting did not change unlike the ones mentioned above) and taking more than double the time, i had to restart Maya to fix this every time it happened. Now in the batch render results that i got before noticing this reset issue i noticed the same quality problem, its rendering like 0.1 or similar and sliding to & fro in the render view from, a batched frame to a window frame you can see the shadow, the quality and (i dont know if this is the result of the quality itself) what looks like a very sligh offset in the textures like the surfaces they are on were subtly extruded outward (this was also apparent in the render trials when i had to reset maya)! .... Please heeeeelp!!!