Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-05-2012 , 01:03 AM

Maya 2012 UTE issues

Ok so I have been loading images onto my texture shader to use on a poly plane for a background plate to be seen through the windows of my scene.

For some reason, regardless of the resolution of the photo(from 600 x 600 or so- over 1280-2480, etc), the image is blurred on the poly plane. No problem right? Go to the UTE and you'll be fine.

When I load the UTE up, there are multiple repeating patterns of a blurred pattern, you quite literally see the mosaics of it all.

I tried making a new texture shader, and even different sized files thinking that the res could be too low. I also tried resizing the UV in UTE. No luck.

Any ideas? Is the texture shader broken?

Oh, btw, when I render it, the image appears ok. but not so great if I was trying to place it specifically. Thank god it's just a background plate...right?

# 2 04-05-2012 , 07:13 PM
The thin red line
Not sure what UTE is, have you re projected the UVs that might fix it..............dave