Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-04-2013 , 05:12 AM

Imported objects don't appear in shaded mode

I'm having a problem with some geometry imported from 3dmax into maya. The 3dmax project was exported as a FXB file and opened in maya.

The imported geometry appears if the scene is rendered, but it doesn't appear as a shaded model in the viewport. Any idea why that happens?

There's a sample scene attached here. It has some imported geometry and a sphere created in maya. The sphere appears in the shaded mode, the imported geometry doesn't.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip imported fbx.ma.zip (187.5 KB, 355 views)
# 2 08-04-2013 , 07:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
assign a shader to it.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 08-04-2013 , 12:56 PM

assign a shader to it.

Dave

There is a shader assingned to the object. If I render the scene, the objects appear shaded. My problem is viewing them shaded in the viewport.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 08-04-2013 , 02:01 PM
SM Tea Boy
something has gone wrong somewhere with the original export i think. I can't do anything with the geometry it appears to have no faces or edges or vertex which should not be possible. Try reexporting or just rebuild it.

Maybe some one else will be of more help
Good luck
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"