Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-04-2018 , 07:06 PM

Bifrost BOSS Spectral doesn't react to objects?

I'm working with an ocean simulator right now. I'm trying to use Bifrost's BOSS feature, and I've made some progress with it. I was able to create a large plane and add the "spectral" solver to it. This gave me the desired "ocean wave" look. I also have a cylinder floating in the middle of the plane. I want the waves to react based on the cylinder, to splash up around it, like rocks on the coast, with foam and everything. Right now, even when I add the cylinder as an influence, it still does not affect the waves. They pass right through it. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks!

Here is my test and what I have so far: https://vimeo.com/262312057

If there's any additional information you need to know, let me know and I'll update this post.