Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-10-2011 , 08:21 PM

HELP xD my file is down :(

hi all,
omg, my file is down and i didnt save realy long time user added image, or i resaved all the time user added image and now its down..
i cant it open or import. its goes to open only with drag&drop... in a clear maya window(file)

and the problem i cant save it, if i try to save "the imported" file, maya crashed...
and i see not all objects, but in time line can i see them...user added image
the file ist ma(asci) maybe can anyone edit/fixe it or say whats wrong with my file...
worked with maya 2011
here is the link:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3596179...ytypeOne_29.ma

or send give me your mail, and i would send the file per mail, its 13mb big..

thanks, and sorry for my good english user added image)

# 2 03-10-2011 , 08:49 PM
Hey there,

try this:

Go FILE / Optimize Scene Size (Options) Check at least "Unknown Nodes" ( to be on safe side : check everything )

Click Apply or Optimize and then try to save the file. Should do the trick

Cheers

# 3 04-10-2011 , 06:55 PM
thx,
nope it doesnt workuser added image. maybe is it a big buguser added image, then i remember me that i didnt delet my history, and i checked constroction history, but i didnt know that.. and it seen so, this function destroyd my file user added image same of new geo i can save.
so go on by start user added image) but better and faster user added image
practice make the master user added image)

# 4 05-10-2011 , 11:27 AM
I dont know how your file / geometry looked like before. But I have a mesh and before optimizing the file I cant save, but after I was able to save. If you want, I can reupload the file...but Not sure whats lost in there then.

# 5 05-10-2011 , 06:20 PM
it will be very nice. if you can do that ...
the charackter was by 70% complete modelled. body, arms, legs/stand. head a litle bituser added image same hydraulic system
and there are same old geometrys. but they are hiden... my outline is now very messy, im ashamed of myself...
dont need to upload, send me mail (anton_yak@yahoo.de), or upload it, how you want, you have a choice user added image
i tested it again with optimeze scene,with only checked unkown nodes, with all things checked, and same logical things.. and by saving is the effect the same: fatal error... trying to save an recovery file.. but its a 1-3 kb big..
it happen at first time...
wait for file/ answer

# 6 05-10-2011 , 06:46 PM
Here you go ... try this file.

# 7 05-10-2011 , 07:23 PM
nice, it work. xD im so gladuser added imageuser added imageuser added image
thank you very much user added image)

# 8 06-10-2011 , 07:08 AM

nice, it work. xD im so gladuser added imageuser added imageuser added image
thank you very much user added image)

Hehe..you´re welcome ! user added image