Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-02-2005 , 06:21 AM

locking attributes

I was wondering if there was someway to lock an attribute such as y in a way that I could move any part of the object above y=o but not below

so basically I want to set it like this y>0

except greater than or equal to lol (don't know how to make that symbol)

If you are confused let me know and I'll see if I can explain it better

I'm deforming an object and I want to be able to move part of it down and up, but not below the grid (y=0) that is my reason for this question

also I do know how to lock certain attributes, but that does not allow me to move it any direction in y, I want to be able to move it any direction except below 0

Sorry for the confusing explanation, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Last edited by JSand4325; 01-02-2005 at 06:38 AM.
# 2 01-02-2005 , 04:17 PM
is this not possible?

# 3 01-02-2005 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber
Could you not use the side / front views to see if the point is above or below the grid line your working to (in this case 0)?

If the point is above it, move it to your choosen position and carry on.

If the point looks below the grid line, hold X to 'snap to grid', move it to the grid line your working to (so its at exactly zero), then carry on tweeking it if you need.

# 4 01-02-2005 , 08:49 PM
ok thanks, I was just wondering if there was an easier way, but I forgot I could use x to snap to grid user added image

# 5 01-02-2005 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Passive rigid body for floor, active rigid body for whatever it's you moving to the floor?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."