Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-09-2003 , 08:59 PM
Kevin

been shopping for some wheels

well last month I got a car, unfortunately my wife now has a part time job and I have used it about 2 times in 4 weeks.

I have been push biking to work and going any where else has to be pre booked so my wife hasn't pre booked anything - yeah it sucks but such is life...I cant expect her and my 5 year old to walk everywhere..

In any case this left me thinking about getting some new wheels as walking and biking is ok but is a frigin nightmare at times BUT my house only really has room for 1 car! and I cant leave it outside the gates as its a raglan association area and they have banned any cars (except visitors) from being left in the area, which I guess is good as one family near me had 5 frigin cars and it was impossible to get anywhere!

My garden could theoretically squeeze 2 cars in but then I will have NO garden left at all for my girl to play in so I was left with 1 option - a motorbike!

So with money the way it is and having no way to pay for it i had to find some weekend work to cover it user added image - so after a phone call I now had a weekend job just paying enough to cover the 3 year finance user added image - it ain't a nice job but I have never been without any transport and I just cant cope with public transport to get me from A to B - plus to be honest a bike was a good option as I hate cars and being stuck in traffic user added image

so this is what I went to look at today, I have put an offer in and will know within the next week

Please meet Mr Aprillia RSV 2003 model (I looked at a silver one which I liked better user added image )

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-09-2003 , 09:43 PM
PRETTY!!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!

Last edited by Ultragames; 22-09-2003 at 05:26 AM.
# 3 21-09-2003 , 10:41 PM
Ahem .. that would be "pretty". :p
Cool choice boss!

# 4 21-09-2003 , 10:44 PM
Kev,

Have you ridden motorcycles before? If you haven't I would suggest something a little more forgiving as that's a lot of bike to handle (1000 cc, if I'm not mistaken) if you're just starting out. Aprilia makes a 50 and 250 bike as well which would still be fine. I don't know how insurance is set up in the U.K. but here, you'll pay up the yin-yang for a sport bike and more if it's above 1000 cc. I've actually been on a cycle kick myself lately and have been looking at the honda cruisers that look like the old Harley softtails. (i.e., 2004 Shadow Aero and the 2002 Sabre). If you're still in the researching stage you might want to check this site out as it's got tons of info:

https://www.beginnerbikes.com/

If you've been riding awhile and dig the sportbike, go for it. Just be careful.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 22-09-2003 , 12:28 AM
Cycles are fun to ride.......I think you should go for it kev user added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 6 22-09-2003 , 01:08 AM
I've seen (up close and personal) too many nasty accidents involving motorcycles. The hubster is interested in one, but if he gets one it will be the understanding that my child will *never* get on it. Ever. She breaks enough on her own without getting something to help her out. user added image

# 7 22-09-2003 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber
I get loads of business from these, in fact if they banned people from riding them I could probably work less hours user added image . But it is tres shiny all the same.

# 8 22-09-2003 , 05:29 AM
Coming back from a school function, 2 buses full of high schoolers, of which i was on, whitnessed a REALY bad bike accident. Guy going about 80 miles an hour. Lost a leg in the accident. Dont screw around on one of those kev!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 9 22-09-2003 , 05:55 AM
Yeah, most folks I know with bikes have "put them down" at least once. That's why I was suggesting something smaller if he's new to riding (750cc and under).

# 10 22-09-2003 , 06:39 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Kev,

Have you ridden motorcycles before?

yes mate had one from the age of 17.... first a yamaha 125 past test got a ns 400 R - then got myself a gsx750R slingshot

I havnt rode one for a good few years but the susi 750 was a beast. Sure Im scared about coming of but I also scared when I sit in the car with my mrs on the M25

# 11 22-09-2003 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
Kev excellent choice :-) Carefull though. Defensive riding.....Nice to know that someone else likes bikes.

grrrr
# 12 22-09-2003 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber
That's one cool bike dude user added image

Personally, I like the V-Rod very much! But I think it's way more expensive than this bike user added image

But still... one very cool bike!

whatever!
# 13 22-09-2003 , 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
yes mate had one from the age of 17.... first a yamaha 125 past test got a ns 400 R - then got myself a gsx750R slingshot

Good to know, dude.

# 14 29-09-2003 , 09:24 PM
Kevin
hey guys, should be picking it up tomorrow at about 11 am!!

Ill take it for a spin and let you all know if I suvived it user added image

I told my nan today and she is now worried sick and that before I even sit on it, poor old bugger does worry...just wait till she sees that 190 back tire user added image

# 15 29-09-2003 , 09:31 PM
Sh*t. Upload pictures as soon as you get it! user added image