Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-03-2006 , 01:03 AM

problem with mayacloth:

I am having trouble with a flag animation. I'm using maya cloth and I can't seem to get the flag to do anything other than this:
user added image
it seems to be stuck in 2 dimensions
any help?

PS, I did clear the cache
PPS, is there a way to make wind?

# 2 25-03-2006 , 03:35 PM
you can create a normal particle field, then in the cloth menus go constraints > field.

Also you may want to turn up the tessilation, I don't use maya cloth.

# 3 12-04-2006 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Instead of using Maya cloth try it this way, works for me and less rendering time. Create a nurbs plane for your flag, turn it into a soft body object and add a turbulence field. Adjust the goal weight attribute to give wind 'strength' effect. Lastly you need to give the flag a direction to 'blow'. So you need to create an expression (coz it's easier) go to the phase X attribute of the turbulence field, right click on it and enter -

turbulenceField1.phaseX=2*time;

Of course this only works for a windy flag...