Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-04-2008 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber

render problem

hi all, im trying to do some forest fly through purely using paint effects.

im on the mac.., maya 2008..,

but i cant get the number of frames to render to change from 10?? ive been using maya long enough to know how to render but nothing is working., is there something i Maya have missed??

im trying to render 25 frames but im stuck 10.., though come to think of it i haven't tried a lower number.

any ideas

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 06-04-2008 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
What happens when you type in a new number in the render globals where you set the end frame?

Chris

# 3 06-04-2008 , 11:35 AM
maybe a stupid suggestion, but is your number lock on?

# 4 06-04-2008 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
Arron, i have never seen a stupid question from you yet and this isnt one, sorry if others have answered but this is the first reply to hit the inbox

whats a 'numbers lock??'

oh, mr cool.., how goes it dude user added image (just saw you there)

what happens is i type the number, then it just goes back to 10 when i hit return.

it will do under 10 OK without ba problem.

i think i just tricked it

i hit 7, that went in, then i did the number of frames i want.., 250.., so then it look like.., 2507.., then i deleted the 7.., then saved on the 250, and now its rendering.., i just looked.., im on the pC.., but the mac is rendering at frame 16.., powering through it.., ??

any ieas guys

and Arron.., whats this 'numbers lock' i dont use maya on the mac much because its in teh TV room.., it seems a fraction different than the PC.

does anyone know the link to the 2008 ext 2 for mac.., i am finding it hard to navigate through it all user added image

# 5 06-04-2008 , 11:14 PM
number lock is the key on your keyboard that says "num lock"

it's usually found in the top left corner of the numeral keypad on the right of the keyboard.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 06-04-2008 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
hey strider.., are you talking Mac??
ill check it out.., but remember this is only happening on the mac.., and it seems i can 'trick' it into getting the correct frames

thanks for the reply mate

# 7 07-04-2008 , 01:12 AM
oh hell it's been years since i've worked on a mac... they don't have number pads on them, do they? oops.

let's see... on a mac it's something like hold option, open apple, closed apple, f, g, and then put your right foot on green.

something like that, anyway.

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 07-04-2008 , 08:18 AM
yeah - sorry the number lock is on pc - didn't realise you were on a mac. that's a weird one. well, glad you found a workaround.