Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-08-2005 , 01:20 PM
Hey, guys, this is my first attempt at a poly car! Exciting! ANd coming out ... pretty poorly! But I'll let you guys be the judges of that. Heres the front and back of what I got so far.
Oh, and, by the way, I got Maya Complete now!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by MattTheMan; 14-08-2005 at 03:09 PM.
# 2 14-08-2005 , 01:44 PM
Technical Director
Looks good mate for your first car. and congratz on getting maya. This looks very good. You have to be confident in your self when you make a model. Then you will have a sense of pride when your done.

Keep at it!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 14-08-2005 , 02:55 PM
Looks good if you ask me. You should definately be proud of that! Looks like you have some tris around the edges of the rear bumper and the base of the spoiler though. If you can get rid of those it should kill those dimples when you smooth.
Excellent work!
Penguin

# 4 14-08-2005 , 03:09 PM
Wow, thanks you guys! Tris, yeou were right. Thanks for the comment! Thanks for the encouraging c&c too.
Cheers, user added image
,Matt

# 5 15-08-2005 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
Yo Matt, very cool bro!
I want to try a car soon someday... looks difficult.
Keep it up.

:bow: LoL

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 6 15-08-2005 , 06:28 AM
look well man!!
shoW mE agiaN...whEn yoUr texture cOMplete...
wan'T to lOOk at....:bandit:

# 7 15-08-2005 , 06:30 AM
:headbang: sorry !!! want ..... not wan't i'm so sorry:headbang:

# 8 15-08-2005 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
It's a good start, but it could definitely stand some tweaking of verts. Is the smooth a subD or a polysmooth? There are some "dimples" due to vertices just slightly off. The opening for the windshield also seems odd... it sort of flares toward the top. Again, a good start, especially on for you first. Four or five more and it'll probably be old hat.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 9 15-08-2005 , 07:55 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, but I can't post the pic just yet. Want to get some crap done first. Thanks for the kind words, and sorry for the suspence. Oh, and thanks for the crits from mchannon.

Cheers, user added image
,Matt user added image

edit: Meanwhile, as I have pther plans as well, I will be creating a scene for something, not sure what yet, but I willl never abandon my first car.

Last edited by MattTheMan; 15-08-2005 at 07:58 PM.