Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-05-2015 , 05:33 AM

Bevel Error Encountered non-uniform vertex

Hi,

I am new to modeling and have come across a bevel error against what I believe is relatively simple geometry after cleaning history. I have read Maya help topic relating to using the clean tool to find undesired geometry but it is giving weird results; showing entire object for non-planar faces.

Can anyone point out the problem and a solution?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-05-2015 , 01:16 PM
I do see what appears to be a twisted face which is what non-planar is. I also count 12 verts. But I only see 5 not 8 faces. So either three other faces are selected someplace which would not make sense actually becaue then you would have more then 12 verts

So I am guessing you also have laminar faces which are faces on top of each other and non-manifold geometry which is harder to describe but non-manifold would be things like faces that cannot be produced in real life such as two faces connected at one edge but flipping a face so it has normals on opposite sides or two faces connected at a single point.

To be honest that geo is so simple you might just find it fast to delete and create them.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 21-05-2015 at 01:23 PM.