Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 26-09-2008 , 03:30 PM
Subscriber
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*runs down the street naked shouting "EURIKA!"*

*cough* ahem... perhaps a bit too dramatic...

i get it now, i thought there was a gap between the two glass panes for some reason and so the dooors swung out!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 32 26-09-2008 , 06:58 PM

Originally posted by scrappy
There sliding glass panel doors so they have to sit in a grove of some sort, to slide

er... sorry, but where do the glass doors slide to?

also, showers are not usually level with the floor - they normally have a step or an area you step into.

i don't think a critique should be just about modeling or lighting - it also has to be about whether the picture makes sense.

# 33 26-09-2008 , 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by arran

i don't think a critique should be just about modeling or lighting - it also has to be about whether the picture makes sense.

True, true. I believe Technical knowledge, aesthetics, and believability are all important indeed.user added image

- Genny
# 34 27-09-2008 , 02:28 AM

Originally posted by hammer.horror
can't dude also apply to women?

...btw, i have no idea why i guessed vray; has anyone tried maxwell renderer?

yes .. i tried it and i tried also the fryrender engine they are all perfect for rendering archeticture frames and you can also get the advantage of the physicaly based engine of them BUT they are really expensive in render time to obtain a good quality frame with zero grains you would w8 a 12 hours or more.

You Deserve
# 35 27-09-2008 , 01:17 PM
arran,

obviously from the image i renderd you wont see all that detail, i did say at the start of this thread that this was a quick model for my friend. its incomplete! i've taken everyones crits into consideration and i will use them accordingly.

Thanks again.

polygon pusher
# 36 03-10-2008 , 06:16 AM
Pretty good render !!!

user added image

# 37 08-10-2008 , 03:46 PM
That was an extremely nice render. Your lighting is very life-like and your models are really well done. The only thing that is a bit eye catching to me that while this is a bathroom, its almost as if its not a bathroom. It seems naked without towels and such to make up its extras that makes a bathroom a bathroom.

I hope that makes sense....user added image