Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-07-2019 , 03:25 PM

Blendshape with multiple targets, and targets with multiple in-between targets

This is a blenshape set up I managed to do on another rig a while back but can't recall how to replicate.

I have one blendshape (head 0) with multiple target shapes (heads 1-7) for different character faces (for custom avatars in a unity proj). I put two in-between targets on each of those target shapes for eye blinks (so 0 = eyes open Head 0, .25 = Head 1- lids half closed(deliberately shaped, like for keying in animation), .5 = Head 1- eyes closed, 1 = Head 1- eyes open)

So for a character I'd use head 0 as default, weight=1. For different face I'd also add Target 1 (Head 1) weight set to 1. For that blink animation I'd animate the weight by setting animation keys to .5, .25, then 1 again.

I'm trying to set this up again on another rig built the same way, but when I add the second in-between to a target shape, it appears one or the other in-between targets don't stick, as if that in-between target wasn't there. I feel like this is an order of operations kind of thing to be fixed, but after trial and error I can't replicate it. Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Last edited by x3ph3r; 22-07-2019 at 04:48 PM.
# 2 14-08-2019 , 10:18 AM
user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image user added image