Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-12-2016 , 12:56 PM

Multiple model issue

I have been having an issue when I load multiple models into Maya. It happens when I import a model, say if it has the same name or shares the same transforms as another model.

I have tried a number of things, when I tried to freeze transformations I get an error saying transform x is locked, I tried to unlock but it keeps reverting to being locked.

I have tried to duplicate the models and delete the original but the same issue happens with the duplicate.

I import a model but when I import another model the second model deforms or parts of the model wont show up, for example the head will disappear.

Is there any way to get around this. I have tried Youtube and Google but I am not getting very far, maybe I am not using the right search terms

# 2 22-12-2016 , 02:37 AM
Ok so I have found the answer to my problem, thanks to a guy over on Autodesk Area

Hi, if you're importing FBX go to the Import Options window and change the File type at the bottom to FBX and under the File Type Specific Options on the right side change the File content to Add. This might be set to Add and Update. I attached a pic of what I'm talking about.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-f...n/td-p/5732618