Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-06-2005 , 03:54 PM

Transfering UV's

Alright,.....I heard somewhere that you can transfer Uv's from one object to another. How in the "world of maya" do I do this ????

maybe I am confusing people with my question .?

Say for example I make 2 poly Cubes...

polyCube1 ;
polyCube2 ;

Then I UV polyCube 1 but for some freaky reason I want to take all my UV work from polyCube1 and slap in on polyCube2....

I think the UV sets option has something to do with this situation but I can't understand why................

PLEASE HELP......

user added image MY BRAIN is FRIEDuser added image

I hope you didn't waste your time reading this line.
# 2 08-06-2005 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
Have you looked it up on the F1 help thing, or tried duplicating the first object after you have textured it. But maybe this has special pros, I think it can be done though, I remember seeing it somewhere.

# 3 08-06-2005 , 08:11 PM
user added image Man, you have no idea how helpful your seemingly useless answer was...

Maybe you yourself have been in a situation where you have to UV in tight spaces like behind the ears of a character.

Well I saw somewhere online that you can duplicate that model that you are UVing and use
Polygons/Average Vertices to simplify the curves a little.

Then when you are done UVing the simplified model you can transfer the UV's back to the original model.....

But of course I didn't know how to transfer the UV's back to the original model "TILL" i took your hint and pressed the F1 key..

Its funny to think that the answer was right under my nose.:p

Just to share my new knowledge------

in order to transfer UV's from one identical model to the other you
must ...

1. Select the object from which you will be transfering the UV's from.

2. Shift-select an identical object which will recieve the transfered UV's.

3. Polygons\Transfer

4. VOILA you have successfully transfered UV's

.....Thanks alienscience for your help....
I :bow: bow to your magnificence....

I hope you didn't waste your time reading this line.
# 4 08-06-2005 , 11:03 PM
Subscriber
:o, Hmmm. WOW, never been given any good comments before. Sure, glad to help. I dont know what to say, guess just to remember the F1 key help. Lots of good stuff on there. And basically, thats all.