Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-10-2008 , 10:40 AM

Zbrush Morph target problem

The video explain everything.

I think the UV mapp is the problem in Zbrush it is fliped ... pls help user added image

# 2 08-10-2008 , 10:41 AM
What video?

Just flip it in PS or something. Dont know what your on about though.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-10-2008 , 10:42 AM
# 4 08-10-2008 , 10:56 AM
Still dont really know what you mean, I've not downloaded the file, post a pic or something, a rapidshare link that has no description as to what it is dosent help at all.

If your UV map's flipped just flip it in PS then open it in Z and apply it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 08-10-2008 , 02:06 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
does anyone actually read the zbrush Wiki on Pixologics site? :headbang:

the answer is a couple of things: first Zbrush and Maya work differently in UV space no matter what. If you go to thetop of your screen in Zbrush to the texture section, just flip the uv in the vertical axis. Thats it. If you create a texture in zb you have to flip it in that axis again so it comes in correctly in Maya.

with regard to your exploding blends, you need to go to the bottom of the tool box list on the right to the export options. and make sure 'grp' is off and 'mrg' is on leave the rest alone and export the obj to maya.

When importing to maya check your obj import options, go to the last section 'File type options' and uncheck the box if its ticked. This is the bastard that will screw your point order causing the mesh to explode in and out of zbrush.

Its always worth reading the wiki on Pixologics site or even zbrush central as you could have found your answer quicker than it would have taken me to type this lot out, its a good job Im patient really...

cheers
Jay

# 6 09-10-2008 , 05:16 AM
Thanks for the support Jay even when i'm walking on your nerves :blush: :blush:
user added image