Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-01-2010 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber

Cartoon eye texturing and modelling

Hi all, I am a design student, very interested in modeling and texturing.
I am interesten in learning how to model and texture cartoon eyes, much like the eyes found in movies such as Ice Age, Astro Boy etc.
Unfortunately I can't find a tutorial anywhere.... I was hoping that someone out there might know?

# 2 10-01-2010 , 02:26 PM
The thin red line
Hi
gnomon workshop do a good free believable eye tutorial just tone down the textures.......dave

# 3 10-01-2010 , 06:32 PM
Technical Director
What you can do, is create a sphere, and assign a new blinn shader to it. Map a ramp to the color. Click on one of the circles beside the ramp, and under interpolation, click none. In the viewport, press 6 so you can see the texture in the viewport. Move the colors around until you get something useful.

Note: You may have the change the mapping direction from/to U or V in the ramp.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 11-01-2010 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
following what NextDesign is saying

create a sphere

create a blinn
click the square next to color and assign a ramp to it

now for the last one use white, the 3rd one is black (the black line around the iris the second one is white and the first one is black... now move them to match where your color will be

not take the second spot
and click the square next to color... click on fractal... and now play with the fractal settings =) color gain to chose your iris color

its something I found while I was searching for a cartoon eye and im pretty sure a lot of people already know it but if it can helps im happy =)

user added image

Maya modeler - current project Avatar - purplemikey

Last edited by mikeyduf; 11-01-2010 at 03:38 AM.