Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-07-2003 , 03:08 PM

Advice on Maya training

If anyone has ANY advice about Maya training without going to college for it (I cant afford it{unless anyone knows where I can go to get good training at a relatively low cost}) But Im ok now and Im learning on my own but I really need comprehensive training. If anyone has ANY idea what Im talking about please respond with any insight. thanks. 3D animation is all I think about and all I love to do in the world and I dont want to settle for anything else.

Fall down seven times, get up eight...
# 2 05-07-2003 , 03:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
You know, you can get student financial aid to attend school. I know I did. I doubt most people are able to just go to college while fronting the bill themselves.

Sure, you have to pay it back, but, if you get a nice job, that shouldn't be a problem.

Just a thought.

# 3 05-07-2003 , 05:58 PM

Sure, you have to pay it back, but, if you get a nice job, that shouldn't be a problem.

hehe

user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 05-07-2003 , 06:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure, it's always a risk. That's the way it is with any profession, whether or not you get training.

# 5 06-07-2003 , 02:47 AM
My brother is doing something where he goes to school for one semester and then had the college find him a job dealing with his major so he works for another semester and uses that money to pay for the next semester and then works and uses that money for the next semester and on and on we go.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 6 06-07-2003 , 04:52 PM
If I were you, I'd get as many gnomon training DVD's as possible. They are a great learning resource, and I've learned so much just from the one I've bought. Many studios train people unfamiliar with Maya using them.

Check em out.

www.gnomonworkshop.com

________

- Jacob
# 7 06-07-2003 , 06:02 PM
Subscriber
Get all of Simply Maya's free tutorials. They will get you on your feet quick. Download some VIP tutorials. They cost points, but they're really cheap compared to gnomon. Go through as many of the tutorials at https://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html as you can. There are hundreds of tutorials there. And as said before, if you have some mula to spend, get some gnomon DVD's. I do not recommend purchasing DVD's from Alias|Wavefront's store however because they are extremely low quality and move at a snail's pace. Gnomon videos move quickly, so you'll probably be watching them multiple times to suck everything into your brain.