Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-07-2003 , 11:26 PM

Animation/Compositing Question

Hi all,

I have created my first legit walk cycle (yey!!!!!!) but my question is how can i take that walk cycle and composite it so that i have just the women walking. I want to incorporate it into my under construction Flash website. I rendered the cycle no background and no ground plane. In other words there is no scene just a the walk cycle. How can i go about doing this and what program would be best to use.

Please Help, Thank You to all

# 2 28-07-2003 , 11:38 PM
I only know shake.. In shake all i have to do is put the background on a layer and add the character.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 30-07-2003 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber
It's a shame Shake for NT is no more user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 4 30-07-2003 , 10:30 AM
hey tucktown2,

If you want to have your cycle as a seperate layer in your flash-animation, render out the animation as tga images (alpha included) take them into photoshop and convert them to png-files, import these into flash and trace the bitmaps one by one - this will convert them from bitmaps to vector described images, now you can click on the black background for each frame and delete it. It's takes a bit of time (depending on the amount of frames in your cycle) but it works!

There is also a script that renders maya-scenes directly to flash, but I haven't tried it.

user added image Jeppe

Jeppe Nygaard Christensen
Ghost aps, Denmark
https://www.ghost.dk
# 5 31-07-2003 , 10:46 AM
thanks dude, sounds good

# 6 01-08-2003 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
if i am not mistaken, the alpha channel in tga is included, but it is not transparent, just another color (alpha). if you render out to tiff, then the included alpha channel really is transparency - when i open tga in photoshop, i see the background, when i open tiff in photoshop, i dont even see the backgound ....